Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back In The Jing

(August 3rd)

So I'm the official Suiter family delegate to the Olympic Games....
The plane was packed with Olympic-y people and I haven't seen an Air France flight so full for some time....They do have their new entertainment system installed (even for the folks back in Economy)....many choices of video-on-demand so if you haven't seen "Something About Mary" in a while, then there is your chance....I am wondering when the US airlines will get their act together.....I am seriously looking at other options rather than having to suffer through United again.....


Mr. Wang has a new haircut for the Olympics and we took the Expressway between the airport and the center of town with its new Olympic-only lane....I also learned what the Chinese did to cover up their buildings visible from the Expressway that are no way near being completed......Not a bad idea:


Arriving near our apartment (Wang always takes the same way), I looked down for a second then back out the window and I didn't recognize where I was...

It took me a second to realize that where there was this nice open space with flowers and undulating gardens was still a bustling block of low-end restaurants and shops....We knew they were marked 'chai' (destroy), but just a month ago they were still there.