Monday, January 15, 2007

While the French Work 35 Hours...

...The Chinese Are Working their A?? Off!!!


This is an article I came up in a free English-language magazine called That’s Beijing (i.e the Expat’s Bible!!)

Excerpt from the article:
“I get to my office at nine thirty. I go online and read the news for an hour. Then I work for half an hour. Usually around eleven, I go to the toilet and shit for 30 minutes so that I can read some history books. It’s a squatter toilet - very tiring. When I’m done, I talk to my girlfriend for a while. Then it’s lunchtime. After lunch, I’ll sleep on my desk for an hour. From two to four, I work. Then I read the newspaper. There are different news media, so it’s important to read many different sources. Then I take a break, and eat dinner. I’ll take another nap sometimes after dinner. There is so much to do. I sleep until eight and then from eight to ten-thirty I’ll work again. Then I go home. It’s exhausting”


So I counted and that poor guy, named Yin Kai by the way, is at the office 13 hours a day, no wonder they are beating us !!!

I also counted that he’s effectively working 5 hours a day (30’ in the morning then 2 hours from 2 to 4pm and finally 2.5 hours from 8 to 10:30pm)