Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Slice of...

...Beijing Life

Being a good 外国人 – WaiGuoRen (outside/country/people = foreigner) I went to the management office to register our guests as everyone is supposed to be registered at the local police station within 24 hours of arrival in the country/city. This not only applies to foreigners but also to Chinese people who move to a different place (whether it’s a new apartment or new city!)… The management of our complex does the paper work for us, hence saving us several hours at the police station and you just have to go pick up the completed form the next day.

So today I went to pick up the registration form for Adam & Andrea and asked if I needed to let the police know when our guests were leaving (the regulations change all the time so I wasn’t sure where to stand on this one) to which the employee answered: it depends, are they going to take some furniture?.... hum, I hope not!

Legally Blonde Beijinger