Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's A Small World...

...After all

When I learned that we were moving to Beijing I started to do some research and found out about the whole “blogosphere” which turned out to be an invaluable resource about the town. I kept reading some, stopped reading others and picked up on new ones when I finally moved here.

Why am I telling you all this you must think, well one of the Blogd I used to read was written (in French) by a woman but I could never figure out who she was…. The French community, especially if you have children at the French school, is not that large and she had a similar background to myself: lived in the States, then France and now China. Well it turned out that this particular woman was part of the group to our last trip to Xiamen. The group was fairly small and we started to talk to each other about what we were doing in Beijing (living or just visiting, kids or not, single or married, etc…). A British woman was telling us what she was doing in Beijing and little by little her story started to sound familiar. It turned out that the blog (very personal and anonymous blog) I was reading a few months before (she stopped writing at the beginning of 2008) was her blog. She couldn’t believe it. You cannot hide even if you try…


I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN!