Monday, October 9, 2006

Another Typical Day for C.

Typical conversation between me and my driver (I know, I know I’m spoiled…. What can I say that’s what you get when you work as hard as I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

  • Mr Wang: I go downstairs. (really meaning I am downstairs)
  • Me: I’m coming down in 5 minutes.
  • Mr Wang: I go downstairs. (not expecting this answer)
  • Me: I’m coming (going to the essential)
  • Mr Wang: I go downstairs (making sure I understood)
  • Me (shouting down the phone): I come, I come* (forgetting that conjugated verb should NOT be used)
  • Mr Wang: My pleasure


And that’s how most of my days start. Another satisfied customer!!!


* It might not sound funny for non English speakers readers (all 3 of them?) but trust me it is... because of the double sense!!