Monday, April 23, 2007

License Plates

...Not For Color-Blind

A few months ago I received one of those going-around email entitled “Only in China…” with a few pictures included. I couldn’t see the problem with one of the picture:


There is nothing wrong with this picture

Well for me it was obvious that those two cars were different and there was nothing wrong with it. When we first arrived I had noticed the different colors of the license plates and I had somebody explain to me the difference.


Blue are for Chinese

White for Government or Military

Black are for ForeignersBlack with Red are Diplomatic Plates


On a side note: Those two license plates are worth a lot of money. Due to their superstition with numbers, license plates (phone number, etc…) cost more when they have auspicious number. Eight is a really good number and so is nine.